Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Eat Pray Love

Yesterday was an AMAZING day!!! I woke up feeling very alive and happy for the first time in a while. I got up, showered, got ready, and left for more job hunting. The first place I went was Paragary's downtown. They closed the restaurant and a new owner took over. They're restaffing the place, so I figured I would put in an application. I filled out my app and waited to speak to the Sous Chef. Ok, first off, SUPER CUTE!!! He looks over my application and resume, and seems kind of wary of me. I told him that about school starting at the end of September, and while I have no official restaurant experience, it's a huge passion of mine, and I just need one person to give me a chance, so I can show them what I've got.

He told me that he thought his kitchen roster might be full. He then looked around for a second and said that he would see who else he got in that day, and that he might be able to find a spot for me on his prep line.

What???

He told me to expect a call from him later this week to go over Operating Procedures.

Seriously???

This might be it. I don't even know what to say. I never even asked what the new restaurant was going to be, or the kind of cuisine it was going to offer. I was in a state of awe walking out of there. I called my bestie and then my mom. I have such an amazing feeling about this.

I finished putting in the apps that I had to do that day, just in case, and took myself to the movies. Inception is one of the most amazing movies I've ever seen. Totally blew my mind.

I'm going to stop here and rewind a bit. I need to acknowledge the reason for this emotional and spiritual shift I have discovered in myself the last few days.

About a month ago (or whenever) I started seeing previews for a particular movie that has one of my favorite actresses in it. The preview alone is powerful and moving. When I learned that the story is a true story based on a book by the person that experienced the story, I had to read it. I downloaded the audiobook, read by the author herself, and for the last 2 days have been glued to my iPod. I have never been so moved and touched by a book. This book is doing things to me no other book has ever done. It is so powerful to me. It's almost as if she's writing from within me. The things she says, feels, and thinks almost mirror my own. I feel that this woman is almost my literary soulmate, that she wrote this book specifically for me to read right here, right now. Eat Pray Love is exactly what I've been needing in my life. It's what has finally given me the kick. The spark. The fire.

Thank you Liz Gilbert.

After I finish listening to it, I will be buying the paperback copy so I can better write what exactly this book is doing to me. It's unexplainable (sorry Liz, I know you hate that description).

I have been so motivated, positive, and exhilirated the last few days. It's like I can do anything. I CAN do anything. She has shown me a part of myself I never thought to meet. I like this new person very much, and can't wait to get to know her even better.

Now, back to Bali.

No comments:

Post a Comment